Friday, April 17, 2009

Drinking alone.... no fun!


So, a couple of months ago -- the Big Dubya got sick.... I mean really, really sick.

After spending the better part of a week in the hospital, he was sent home with some strict orders.... the harshest of which.... no alcohol for 6-8 weeks.

He told me to go ahead and indulge... he certainly did during while I abstained during all three of my pregnancies... but I've come to the conclusion -- I just don't like drinking alone.

Well, last night -- I got home after a really rough week.....dropped into the middle of a rough couple of months and well, I wanted a nice glass of wine and I'm thrilled to report that I got one!

2007 Trilogie de Fabre Montmayou Lujan De Cuyo Mendoza -- it's a red wine out of Argentina.

I can't find much on the internets about this wine... and I have no idea where I picked it up, I found it on the wine rack and it was either a gift..... or I bought it myself, in which case I know I wouldn't have spent more than $10-$12 on it.

It's a 70% Malbec, 15% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon.

The bottle says

"The owner of the winery, born in Bordeaux-France, crated this typical 'assemblage' where the Malbec combined with the Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon gives to this very elegant wine a great complexity. To be enjoyed every day!"

I can honestly say that the thing that struck me was it's smooth quality -- it was soft and simple, yet the underlying flavor was complex and deep.

I wish I knew where I picked this one up..... I'd happily buy it again!

3 comments:

TwoBusy said...

You mention having "a glass," and yet the bottle appears empty.

Hmmm...

Mrs Big Dubya said...

What can I say, they went down like they knew the way :)

Sue said...

You are always welcome here any time you don't want to drink alone! : )