Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wine Friends

I'll be posting July's assignments shortly (I know, you are on the edge of your seats in thirsty anticipation) -- but, in the meantime.... I wanted to draw your attention to a comment we got on Aunt P's review of the barnyard wine... oh, sorry.... I mean, Bonarda.

Commenter Sean mentioned some wine recommendations along with a shameless plug for his buddy's site InterWined (very cool and clever name by the way).

I checked it out briefly this morning and it's a pretty neat site (I know, it's much fancier than this one, but...) -- "The Tasting Room" features some basic wine lessons as well as some tips on how to serve and store wine.

So, to Sean -- thanks for the tip

And, I've added a list of like-minded-blogs over on the right..... please feel free to refer us to others and I'll add them.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Darren said...

That is an impressive site.

Unknown said...

Hi all,

Thanks for visiting InterWined.

Glad you liked it.

In appreciation, my friend and I have added a link tracking back to you at The Whinery.

And, may I recommend for the South African Tasting next month a bottle of Tukulu Pinotage. Quite nice...

Apparently P said...

on the extra credit assignment: "A more complex blend might be something like 56% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, 1% Syrah "

Let me guess? You've already picked up your bottle? Or did you pull this out your... sorry, I shouldn't be crass

Mrs Big Dubya said...

I'll have you know..... I wasn't sure if "blended wine" was the correct term to use -- so I thought an example might help clarify what I was attempting to convey.

Rather than guess, I went to www.wine.com and found two that looked like good candidates and copied their descriptions for the example.