Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaack

No, this is not my child

That's right friends..... I'm back.

My gorgeous son was born happy and healthy last week -- and now that I've stopped taking the pain meds.... I've been ceremoniously drop kicked off the wagon and I'm ready to start talking about wines, beers....... or booze of any description.

For some people, giving up alcohol during pregnancy is difficult..... I have to be honest -- it's never been a problem for me. It seems like the minute I get pregnant the scent (or even the sight) of wine, beer or liquor just turns my stomach -- so, abstaining is no problem at all.... but I'm glad to be back in the land of adult beverages.

It seems that traffic here has been light as of late, so I'm hoping to give the group a jump start and get us drinking again........ so, the new assignment is:

Share your favorite summertime cocktail..... it can be wine -- or, if you prefer...... it can be beer or a mixed drink..... whatever you enjoy during the dog-days-of-summer or as we say here in New England dawg-days-of-summah

I have lots of favorite summer cocktails -- but one that is super refreshing and simple -- Malibu Rum and Pineapple Juice. I caution you against putting this concoction into the blender.... my friend and I tried this in an intoxicated state and it forms a meringue of sorts. I like this cocktail because it's light and refreshing but not too strong.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Darren said...

We've felt guilty for not posting, but we really haven't tried anything new lately either.

We'll have to go pick up a summery bottle of wine...or a bottle of Tanqueray.

Sue said...

Welcome back!! I thought about posting...but being a slacker just never got around to it.

We'll get the blog rolling again!

Whit said...

Not too strong? You aren't using enough rum!