Sunday, July 27, 2008

D'Vine Wine

Lone Star Chardonnay

A close friend of mine, who lives in Texas, sent me a wonderful care package after I had surgery back in March. In that care package was a bottle of wine from D'Vine Wine of Texas. This white wine was from their Vintner's Select Wines and was called "Lone Star Chardonnay." According to the website, it has a peach flavor. Last night, my husband and I finally got around to popping the cork and giving it a try.

Why did it take so long? Because I am not a huge fan of Chardonnay. I normally find them to be too dry for my taste. But my husband needed a white wine to cook with so he opened this one up and we imbibed on the rest with dinner.

The first sip was actually quite delightful - very fruity and light - not dry at all. Unfortunately, the delight didn't last long for me - I thought the aftertaste was a tad bitter, though my husband thought it was fine. Would I buy this one again? Probably not, but it was a nice change from the usual Chardonnay.

3 out of 5 grapes.

CPA Mom

2 comments:

Mrs Big Dubya said...

Thanks for the review

I tend to steer clear of chardonnay for the same reason.... but I may just need to train my palate to appreciate wines other than reds.

I like the grapes-rating too :)

"J" said...

Oh wow....it's our fav!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going back over there Aug 16th to buy more!!! =)

I need to send you my 2nd fav! =)I'm hoping to have my dad pick me up a few (6) bottles this weekend! They sale it at a local store near my Paw-Paw's!!!!! It's called Ghost Rider! It's from:
http://www.chisholmtrailwinery.com/